Sunday, July 20, 2008

Arthur's Perspective

This will be my first Blog, and will be semi-short. I will be going by the name Arthur, and I live in Southern Nevada. Right now it is about 120 degrees outside. We had a little bit of rain this morning, but it couldn't last long.

I am a Christian, and have been one for 4yrs and 6 days now. When I was 15, I read the Left behind series by Jerry Jenkins. The Gospel was clearly presented in those books and when the characters all prayed to receive the Lord, I was touched. I knew that this was more than just some fictional book that I was reading; God was speaking to my heart. On July 14th, 2004 in South Elgin, Illinois (I was on vacation visiting my Grandma), in my Grandma's driveway, at about 6pm, I prayed to recieve the Lord. I had recognized my sinful condition before God, that He had every right to throw me away from Him, even a duty to do so because of His Holy character. I knew that by my sins I had made myself an enemy of God, but it was the kindness of God that led me to repentance. When I learned that God wanted nothing more than to pick me up and make me His son, to love me and have me love Him, I turned. I prayed to recieve Jesus as my Savior because He had provided the way for me to be saved (took my sins- and everyone else's too- on Himself, while on the cross). My life has never been the same since.

On later Blogs, I will write what God puts on my heart, including: Stories of God working in my life and other's lives around me and the world, tools on Evangelism and my desire to see "Interdenominational Evangelism Teams" spring up: uniting the Body of Christ to work together in love to fulfill the Great Commission, what God is doing in our start-up church in Laughlin Nevada named Living Water Outreach Ministry, etc...

Also, I hope to have alot of information on the Fantasy Fiction book that I am writing. The best way to classify the "genre" that I feel led to write in is "Biblical Speculative Fiction". I don't know where that term was coined, but having read its definition, I knew that it was what I was trying to do.

I love the idea of networking with christians of like-mind. Please, feel free to tell me what you think, Godbless you.

Unitil next time....



No comments: